Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Interview with Author Kat Attalla


Like most authors, I didn't start out as a writer, but rather as a reader. My passion for romance novels began in my late teens and left me with an itch to discover the world. 

After living in places as culturally diverse as Athens, Greece and Cairo, Egypt (where I met and married my own romantic hero) we returned to the states.  
From a very young age, I showed an aptitude for telling stories. Of course my mother called me a pathological liar, but I prefer to think back on those days as an apprenticeship for my future craft.

Website:  www.katattalla.com
------------------------------------


BWL:   Why did you choose the genre you write in? Is it your favorite to read, or another reason?

KA:  I write short contemporary, both suspense and straight romance. When I was a teenage I fell in love with romance novels. I loved the series book.I bought all the new releases as well as hitting garage sales and flee markets for the old ones. I still love them.

BWL:   Describe yourself using 5 words.

KA:  Stubborn, sarcastic, creative, sympathetic, helpful. (I know they don't go together but then it depends on my mood)

BWL:   What might readers be surprised to learn about you?

KA:  I am a cancer survivor. I have lived in Egypt and Greece. I have a 25 year old daughter who is my best friend (and sometimes a financial enemy)

BWL:   What was your favorite book as a child or young adult?

KA:  I hated reading as a child.  In the 7th grade I had to write a book report and I chose to read The Godfather. The school had to ask my mother if I was allowed to read it. Her attitude was that I could ready anything I wanted if it would get me to read. And it topped my list until I began my journey into romances.

BWL:   What super power would you like to have and how would you use it?

KA:  I am not sure I would want the responsibility of using a super power. What guarantee would I have that my actions, however well intended, would not have hurtful consequences for someone else. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I will leave it in God's hands.

BWL:   If you could fix one problem in the world what would it be?

KA:  I would eradicate prejudice in the world. The most horrific wars pit one religion against the other. If they took the time to try to understand they would see that they have more in common than they do differences. 

BWL:   If you could go back in time for one day, which time period would you like to visit?

KA:  I would go back to the 1980s, to spend one more day with my mother and tell her all the things I wished I said while she was alive.

BWL:   Choose one person, living or dead, you'd like to share a meal with.

KA:  Gandhi, although I am not sure he was much of a eater. But the conversation would probably be amazing.

BWL:   Name one thing you'd change about yourself if you could.

KA:  My weight!

BWL:   What's one genre that interests you but you've never tried to write?

KA:  Techno- thrillers. And I never would try to write one. I am no techno-geek but I enjoy reading the stories.

BWL:   Thanks Kat!

Find Kat's BWL titles here: http://bookswelove.net/attalla.php

Stop back by this blog over the next few days for some excerpts from Kat's BWL titles!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    Nice interview. Ooh, you have lived in some exotic places.

    Regards

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview! Interesting that Kat didn't like to read when she was a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview from one who has been on many of your romantic adventures and some not so romantic. Just keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Yes I did hate to read when I was young. What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific interview revealing a lot about you, Kat. Never thought of you as sarcastic. I've mostly seen the sunny side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by to read the interview

    ReplyDelete