Friday, June 21, 2013

New Interview with Author Jamie Hill

Jamie Hill was born and raised in a beautiful, mid-sized town in Midwest, USA. At various times she wanted to be a veterinarian, teacher, cheerleader, TV star or a famous singer. The one thing she always wanted to be was a writer. Starting at about age ten, she penned romance as she envisioned it in one spiral notebook after another.


When she's not working at the day job she loves, Jamie enjoys spending time with her family, reading, and watching movies (the scarier the better!) In her ‘spare time’ she can often be found writing, editing, or doing something more mundane like housework. After that, she's probably taking a nap. She loves to hear from readers, so feel free to drop her a line.

Find more about Jamie at these places online:  Website  ~ Facebook





BWL:  Why did you choose the genre you write in? Is it your favorite to read, or another reason?
JH: I've loved reading mysteries and romances since I was young, and romantic suspense seems the perfect blend to me. I love a good romance story, but the suspense aspect adds a whole other level which I really love.

BWL:  Describe yourself using 5 words.
JH: Organized, obsessive, compassionate, imaginative, happy.

BWL: What was your favorite book as a child or young adult?
JH: Go Ask Alice by Anonymous. It drew me in for some reason, I read that thing over and over, and still own a copy. Dramatic stuff, whether you believe it was real or not.

BWL: If you could fix one problem in the world what would it be?
JH: World hunger, or world peace. (Can I fix two?) They're both so important.

BWL:  If you could go back in time for one day, which time period would you like to visit?
JH: I barely like to fly, let alone go back in time! I'd be a nervous wreck, worrying about my connecting flights, er...time machines...

BWL: Choose one person, living or dead, you'd like to share a meal with.

JH:  My dad. When he died of cancer at age 52 everyone said he was so young. I didn't understand that. This year, as I turn 52, I finally understand!

BWL:  Name one thing you'd change about yourself if you could.
JH: I hate to say it, but my weight. Every time I think I get a handle on it, something proves me wrong. I know what I need to do, just can't always make myself do it. 

BWL:  What's one genre that interests you but you've never tried to write?

JH: I love to read true crime but could never tackle that. Heavy research is my bugaboo!

BWL:  Thanks Jamie!

Please stop back the next few days for some excerpts of Jamie's work. Find all her BWL titles here: http://bookswelove.net/jamiehill.php

9 comments:

  1. Great interview. I always enjoy learning more about our authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to learn more about Jamie Hill and her books, her life and ambitions! (Give that True Crime a try...I bet you'd be great.) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun interview, Jamie. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview. Judging from the photo I can't believe that weight is an issue, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Roseanne, Juliet, Cathy and Ann for stopping by. Appreciate your time! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to meet you properly Jamie and somehow I'm not surprised to learn that you are organized...it shows in everything you do:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Shelia! Somehow I can't help it, LOL Appreciate your stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jamie,
    Great interview. It is lovely finding out more about my fellow BWL authors.
    I like to be organized too, but I am not as organized as I would like to be. The older I get the sloppier I get.

    Regards

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margaret, I totally understand and agree, me too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete